KidSTART was introduced as a three-year pilot programme in 2016 to provide upstream support to children (aged 0-6) from low-income families in the areas of childhood development, health and social service. As we prepare to expand into new regions over the next few years, the Ministry of Social and Family Development is setting up a dedicated agency to implement the KidSTART programme and deepen partnerships between the community and Government to give these children a good start in life.
Description of Division/Branch:
You will be part of the Corporate Development team which oversees a suite of corporate services in Finance, Human Resource, Payroll and Claims, Data Management and IT services to ensure smooth running of the office. The team will have to work closely with other branches in the organisation, engage with funders and stakeholders across Government and non-Government agencies, and work closely with senior management to forecast and anticipate evolving needs of the organisation.
As a Manager, you will provide supervision to the Finance staff and be expected to work closely with senior management, the Board and ECDA.
- Oversee organisation’s budget; forecast, performance to anticipate funding needs of the organisation and ensure resources are optimally allocated to achieve the outcomes.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate funding proposals and provide advice and recommendations on the prevailing budgeting policies, costing concepts and alternative funding sources (e.g. fundraising) to bring about resource optimisation, value-for-money and fiscal sustainability.
- Oversee collection and management of financial and non-financial data/information, and translate them into reports for financial and performance reporting.
- Oversee preparation of the organisation’s annual report.
- Work closely with the IT team/vendors to set up and manage the budgetary/finance system for the organisation.
- Oversee accounts payable, payment processing and monthly closing of accounts.
- Oversee the appointment and management of external parties such as internal/external auditors, bookkeeper, tax agents, banks and relevant authorities.
- Oversee the office lease and manage all cost related to the office space (i.e. utilities, bills etc)
- Oversee all procurements and ensure they adhere to the procurement guidelines and policies
- Review the finance and procurement strategies, policies and procedures on ongoing basis, make recommendations for improvements and implement agreed changes.
- Provide secretariat support to the Audit and Finance Committee.
- Oversee reporting requirements by the organisation under the Companies Act.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- At least 6-8 years of relevant work experience in the area of Finance (experience working in a start-up would be advantageous)
- Knowledge in budget and financial management
- Prepared to be hands-on with accounting functions
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional multi-disciplined teams
- Effective team-player