Description of Department
You will be part of the Corporate Development department in KidSTART Singapore Ltd. (KSL) tasked to oversee the full suite of HR support services spanning the full employee lifecycle from recruitment, payroll, performance management to learning and development to support the organisation’s manpower needs. You will support business groups to develop and implement HR programmes and services that are critical towards achieving KSL’s vision, mission and strategic thrusts.
To excel in the role, you would have to have a keen understanding of the business needs, partner with internal stakeholders to lead the overall HR strategy and provide strategic advisory services and solutions to support the business. Working closely with management staff, you will implement HR initiatives and best practices that align with the business strategy; engaging them in the areas of recruitment, performance management, rewards and talent management and development. You will ensure that KSL HR practices are relevant and progressive, while ensuring compliance with prevailing labour laws, by conducting regular reviews of the internal HR processes, including the adoption of technology to achieve desired outcomes.
• Design, review and implement competency frameworks and assessment to be used for staff development. You will play a key role in developing and implementing a competency-driven career management framework, which include developing competency frameworks, training roadmaps and career pathways. This includes competency assessments to analyse development needs of staff and identify effective interventions to address competency gaps. You will work closely with business units on the change management and implementation of the various competency and career initiatives.
• Lead the implementation of effective career development and performance management programmes and support initiatives that are aligned with the organisation’s performance management strategy. This includes engaging management staff in building performance management capabilities aligned to the organisation’s culture and objectives.
• Conduct periodic review of HR and relevant policies, benchmarking and comparative studies with external agencies to develop effective initiatives.
• Streamline work processes and develop self-help resources for staff to have common HR queries addressed more upstream without the need to approach HR for clarification.
• Execute recruitment activities ranging from job advertisement, shortlisting, facilitating interviews, approval for hiring and onboarding activities.
• Work closely with KSL’s appointed HR vendor to ensure effective implementation of HR system workflows and ensure timely update of data captured in the HR system.
• Manage the HR manpower budget allocation, projected expenditure & actual spending in tandem with KSL’s strategic workforce planning efforts.
• Design and implement staff well-being initiatives to improve staff engagement and support staff’s mental wellness.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the area of Learning & Development and Human Resource
• Preferably a Degree in Human Resource, Psychology, Business or related disciplines, or with relevant HR experience
• Knowledge of the Singapore labour laws and related legislations e.g. Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), CPF Act, etc., would be advantageous
• Up to date with the latest HR analytics and digitalisation tools in the HR space to support HR planning and enhance HR functions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
• Passionate, resilient with great learning agility and a positive work attitude. Able to work under tight deadlines independently and efficiently. Experience working in a start-up and experience in a policy-making role would be advantageous
• Team player who is resourceful and takes initiative in his/her work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels
• Have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.