Who We Are
When We Collect
We may receive and collect personal data from you in any of the following situations:
- When you use our website.
- When you apply to us for grant(s), donation(s) and/or other kind(s) of support.
- When you request to get in touch with us or to be on our mailing list.
- When you respond to or participate in our initiatives and events.
- When you use the resources which we make available to social service agencies.
- When you contact us and supply personal data for any other reason.
What We Collect
We only collect personal data which you supply to us. The types of personal data which we may receive from you include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Your name.
- NRIC or other identification number.
- Telephone number(s).
- Mailing and email address.
- Any other information relating to you which you have submitted to us.
You are under no obligation to provide personal data to us. If you choose to withhold personal data, we may be unable to provide you with certain aspects of our services.
How We Use Personal Data
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- For processing, approval or administration of grant(s), donation(s) and/or other kind(s) of support, if you have applied to us for the same.
- To assist with your enquiries.
- To provide services or resources which you request.
- To enable, with your consent, certain third parties to send you information regarding their products and services which you may find useful.
- To operate, maintain and improve our services and our website.
- To communicate with you and respond to your queries, complaints and requests.
- For conducting research and surveys of the social service sector.
- For publication on our website and/or such other social media platforms.
- For dissemination of email updates from KSL, including newsletters, email announcements and invitations to events (unless you have opted out from receiving such email updates).
- For any other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your consent.
Who We Share Personal Data With
If you provide us with personal data:-
a. We may share necessary personal data with Government agencies such as, but not limited to, the Ministry of Community, Culture and Youth, Ministry of Social and Family Development and Early Childhood Development Agency.
b. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
c. For your convenience, we may also display to you such personal data you had previously supplied to us or other Government Agencies to speed up the transaction and minimize need for repeated inputs. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data.
Save as provided above, we will not disclose personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may from time to time issue reports and newsletters relating to our work and the social service sector in Singapore, but these will not disclose personal data which you have supplied to us unless we have your express prior consent.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, doing so may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Accessing And Accuracy Of Your Personal Data
Please contact us directly if you:-
- Have any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures, or
- Need more information on or access to data which you have provided to us in the past.
Please note the following when submitting a request to us:
- You are not entitled to access and/or amend data which is not personal data, or personal data not belonging to you.
- We may seek further clarification, or refuse to comply with your request if you have not provided sufficient information as may be reasonably required to locate the requested personal data.
- We may charge you a reasonable fee for every request to access a copy of the personal data which we hold about you. We will provide an estimate of the fee before proceeding with your request.
- We may require you to produce further identification documents to verify against our records.
- Upon receipt of your request, together with the relevant identification documents and, if applicable, the administrative fee for access to your personal data, we will aim to complete your request as quickly as possible, but please allow up to 30 days for us to respond.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns in relation to this Privacy Statement or your personal data.