Early years are the foundation years for growing, developing and learning.
As parents are a child’s first teachers and play a key role in setting them up for a good start in life, KidSTART partners parents to empower them to be confident caregivers and be equipped with the knowledge and skills to:
– Build warm nurturing relationships with their children
– Support the age-appropriate development of their children
– Care for the health and social wellbeing of their children in their early years
KidSTART @ Hospital (Pregnant mothers)
*Only for babies to be born in KKH & NUH.
- Regular checks on pregnant mothers’ well-being.
- Guide mothers to care for their newborn.
- Support mother’s mental and physical wellness.
- Help family to prepare for the arrival of baby.
- Provide essential baby items where needed.
KidSTART @ Home (0-6 years old)
- One-to-one support by a KidSTART practitioner on ways to support your child’s learning and growth.
- Self-care for parents.
- Tips on bonding with young children.
- Link to social service agencies for financial and social resources when needed.
Regions served by KidSTART
- Ang Mo Kio/Yishun
- Bedok/Geylang Serai
- Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang/Bukit Batok
- Jalan Besar/ Toa Payoh
- Kreta Ayer/Bukit Merah
- Taman Jurong/Boon Lay
KidSTART will expand nationwide progressively from 2023.