Early years are the foundation years for growing, developing and learning.
As parents are a child’s first teachers and play a key role in setting them up for a good start in life, KidSTART partners parents to empower them to be confident caregivers and be equipped with the knowledge and skills to:
– Build warm nurturing relationships with their children
– Support the age-appropriate development of their children
– Care for the health and social wellbeing of their children in their early years
KidSTART @ Home (0-3 years old)
- Support in a home setting for pregnant mothers and children up to 3 years old.
- Regular home visits to guide parents with skills and practical knowledge in the areas of early childhood development, health and nutrition.
- Regular screening of the child’s growth and maternal well-being to ensure early intervention if needed.
KidSTART @ Community (1-3
- Weekly support playgroup sessions for young children from 1 to 3 years old.
- Opportunity for KidSTART parents to bond with their child and make friends with other parents with young children.
- Guide parents with strategies on how to bond and engage their children meaningfully in a community playgroup setting.
- Fun activities to help prepare a child with skills and knowledge useful for Primary school.
KidSTART @ Pre-school (2 months to 6 years old)
- In selected preschools, additional resources are provided to support KidSTART families.
- Engage parents on child growth, development, health and nutrition.
- Monitor and tackle obstacles to child’s attendance and school readiness.
- Help with preschool enrolment.
Regions served by KidSTART
- Kreta Ayer/Bukit Merah
- Taman Jurong/Boon Lay
- Ang Mo Kio/Yishun
- Bedok/Geylang Serai
- Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang/Bukit Batok
KidSTART will expand nationwide progressively from 2023.